The pay rate is a flat fee of $35/ per visit. If this position is right for you please download the application above and email it firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions you can call 505-321-4819.
Job Summary: Demonstrate proficient skills using assessments to admit, transfer, re-certify, and discharge home health patients in regards to physician orders. Coordinate and supervise LPN’ s and HHA’s in the delivery of patient care. Maintain compliance with agency policy and procedures. Follow state regulations.
- Be a registered nurse (R.N.) with a current license in the state of New Mexico.
- Minimum of two years of nursing experience as a R.N.
- Minimum of one year of home health experience as a R.N.
- Work positively and favorably with patients, families, and staff.
- Perform the initial home care patient visit and re-evaluate the patient’s needs and progress on a regular basis. *
- Initiate the plan of care under doctor’s orders. *
- Perform assessments for the home care patient. *
- Observe, assess, and document symptoms. *
- Monitor reactions and patient progress. *
- Educate patients and caregivers on disease process, medications, plan of care, and individualized treatment
- Educate patients and caregiver on techniques for in home health care. *
- Coordinate patient services. *
- Supervise LPNs and HHA’s. *
- Notify the physician and other personnel (DON, PT, Case Manager) of change in the patient’s condition. *
- Perform skill outline in the agency’s approved policy and procedure manual. *
- Discharge the patient from skilled nursing services when the discharge criteria have been met. *
- Case conference clinicians providing care to ensure coordination of care. *
- Update clinical records according to policy and procedures. *
- Update knowledge and skills by attending in-service programs, continuing education programs, seminars,
and self-study programs annually. *
- Provide onsite supervision of LPN/HHA. *
- Adhere to state regulations. *
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform to the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, to enable the employee to communicate effectively;
- Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodation, to enable the employee to review a wide variety of materials in electronic or hard copy form;
- Sufficient manual dexterity, with or without reasonable accommodation, to enable the employee to operate a personal computer, telephone, and other related equipment;
- Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodation, to enable the employee to safely lift, move, or maneuver whatever may be necessary to successfully perform the duties of their position;
- Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodation, to enable the employee to efficiently function in a general office environment; and
- Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodation, to enable the employee to efficiently function in a general office environment, with frequent travel to a variety of field sites.